Happy Monday, Everyone! Usually Monday morning is a quiet time… a time to slowly wake up to the beginning of a new week, maybe a time of post-weekend (or post-Superbowl) letdown… but every once in a while, Monday has a mind of its own. This week, my friends, there’s no lolling around in the pink robe and fuzzy slippers here on the porch, because I’m on some shoutin’ ground and I can’t wait to share it with you!
I’ll just jump right in, from first to last (not necessarily in order of importance) so we can shout together.
1. Shoutin’ out to an all-new porch! Yes, we’ve redecorated! Did you think you’d landed on the wrong page when you arrived this morning? Thanks to Shellie Rushing Tomlinson’s, uber-talented daughter, Jessica, we’re sporting a brand new, beautiful, site design here at BelleView! We’re so proud of our new home and we hope you’ll hang out here and have fun too. You know we love it anytime you stop by! We think Jessica has done a super job of spiffing up the place, and by the way if you’d like to know more about Jessica’s web designs, you can find out about at Belle Grey Design. We’re so proud of that girl!
2. Shoutin’ out to TWO new Belle Books! This month, we welcome not one but TWO new Book Babies to the BelleView community. Both Rachel Hauck and Lisa Wingate (well… me… or I…) have new February book releases. Rachel is offering up Princess Ever After, the next of her awesome Royal Wedding books, and I’m thrilled to have Wildwood Creek, the fourth Moses Lake book (and my first contempo-storical story) hitting the market! I’m also tickled to share that RT Bookreviews gave it a Top Pick this month. Yyyyy-yay!
3. Shoutin’ out to FIVE new Belles! That’s right! Not only do we have a brand new (and swanky, I might add) porch, we have new Belles to share it! You might’ve heard whispers the last month or two and seen a few new visitors coming and going, and yes we’ve decided it’s time to expand the staff. Each of us has picked a beloved “Book Sister” to join Belleview and share our day from now on. Our new Belles will host the porch on alternate weeks. Check out the far right column (top), and you’ll see who each of us invited to join the crew. More Belles, more wonderful stories and great conversation! We’ll be introducing our new girls all week, but for today, let me present you the “other” Belle Monday, my Book Sister, Kellie Coates Gilbert. She’s one smart girl and one fine writer. I know you’ll love her as much as I do.
Here are a few fun factoids about my talented author and friend, Kellie Coates Gilbert:
- I fell for my skydive instructor (pun intended) and we’ve been married over thirty years.
- I appeared on the popular television game show, Price is Right.
- I made Ted Kennedy’s bed (as a maid at the Sun Valley Lodge).
- I’ve herded sheep.
- I’ve attended a presidential inaugural ball.
- I was a popcorn ball in my fourth grade Christmas pageant.
- My Gram called me her “precious puddin’ gift of God.” I’ve tried to get my husband to use that term of endearment, but he refuses.
- The popular doll, Barbie, and I are nearly the same age.
- There were sixteen students in my high school graduating class.
- My life motto is: Prone to wander, chained to grace.
3. Shoutin’ out about FIVE fun Giveaways! This week on the porch, we’ll be having a new Book Sisters Giveaway each day. Each day, you could win a pair of autographed books from the Belles of the day. Today, we’ll be giving away signed copies of Wildwood Creek by Lisa Wingate and Mother of Pearl by Kellie Coates Gilbert.
Today’s Book Sisters Giveaway — To enter, answer the question of the day in the comments below. Winner will be announced in comments on Tuesday. Leave an email address in your comment if you’d like to be notified by email, in case you win! Good luck everyone!
Question of the day: Do you read with sisters, friends, kids, or grandkids? Who’s your favorite read-together pal or what’s your favorite read-together memory? Share with us in the comments. We’d love to know!
The Prayer Box — One of Booklist’s Top Ten of 2013! Click for excerpt
Wildwood Creek — RT Bookreviews Top Pick Feb 2013! Click for excerpt