Have you ever had hives? I’ve got my first case of this horrific allergic reaction, so I’m keeping this blog post very brief and wishing this never happens to any of you sweet souls who are joining us on the porch today.
What do hives feel like? Well, imagine poison ivy covering your entire body. Now, imagine you have no idea what has caused the hives and they won’t stop until you can identify the allergen.
Somewhere in my universe there is a particular food, medicine, plant, or chemical that has caused my body to react as if it needs to attack this specific enemy. Problem is…I have no clue what that enemy is. So, until I can solve the puzzle and eliminate the trigger, my hives may continue. YIKES!
I think the doctor should prescribe a spa treatment, don’t you? Until then, I’m trying not to scratch (not working) and trying to ignore the itch (not working) and trying not to complain (not working).
The good news is (you know, I always prefer to focus on the good news)…
- They are not contagious so no one I love will have to suffer, and I can still enjoy hugs.
- They don’t cause any other symptoms, so no fever, illness, etc. Just itchy.
- They won’t last forever, so I’m closer to the end with every passing moment. (Hooray!)
Here’s to a wonderful Wednesday. Hopefully next time you hear from me, I’ll be hives-free and happy as can be. If any of you have any solutions or ways to alleviate the itch, I’m all ears!
Latest posts by Julie Cantrell (see all)
- Thank You For Following Us To Our New SBV Porch on Facebook! - November 25, 2015
- Stepping Stones - November 11, 2015
- I’m Ellie: Happiest Dog in the World - October 28, 2015